The AfterSchool KidzMath program, developed through years of real-world testing with partner organizations, is tailored to the unique needs of after-school and summer programs.
- Academic enrichment is increasingly important
- Leaders may need support
- Participants want to have fun
- Community building is important
- Storage space and access to extra materials are limited
Although each game and story is unique, leaders follow the same three-part process of introduction, play, and discussion. By using a structure that becomes familiar for leaders and participants, the program makes implementation easier.
- Three-part process for games
- Three-part process for stories
Professional development is not required, but is strongly recommended. We believe (and preliminary data show) that your program will be most successful if leaders are trained to use the materials.