I am excited to announce the upcoming release of the second edition of the Caring School Community program. With the generous support of our funders (The Einhorn Family Charitable Trust, The William K. Bowes, Jr. Foundation, The S.D. Bechtel, Jr. Foundation, The Kenneth Rainin Foundation, the Stuart Foundation, and an anonymous donor) we have been working hard to update and expand our award-winning, evidence-based social-emotional learning program, Caring School Community.
This updated program (available in fall, 2018) retains the core components of the previous program (Class Meetings, Cross-age Buddies, Home Connections, and Schoolwide Community-building Activities) while adding some new features and components that will help schools scale our research-supported practices across classrooms and schools.
Caring School Community, Second Edition, Grade 3
Key additions to the program include:
- Grade-level specific materials:
- 30 weeks of lessons at each grade level
- Daily Morning and Closing Circle activities
- Completely reimagined home connection activities
- Caring School Discipline: a new component that supports students in developing self-discipline
- A new middle school programs for grades 6–8 that includes Advisory lessons and guidance for integrating SEL across all subject-areas
- An enhanced Principal’s Package with support for teachers, building the staff community, meeting agendas, schoolwide community building, and developing a schoolwide discipline policy
Please join me for a webinar on Tuesday, May 8 when I will share more details of the Caring School Community second edition with my colleague Sonny Kim from Oakland Unified School District. To learn more or register for this event, please click here.
Read about the new program here.