Caring School Community
Impact of CSC
|Watch a YouTube playlist|
The Caring School Community (CSC) program is a nationally recognized, research-based program for grades K–6 that builds classroom and schoolwide community while developing students’ social and emotional (SEL) skills and competencies.
CSC strengthens students’ connectedness to school—an important element for increasing academic motivation and achievement and for reducing violence and delinquency.
Class Meetings, a cross-age buddies program, and Homeside Activities, and Schoolwide Community-Building Activities help students develop respect for each other and take ownership for their learning and behavior. Download the first eight weeks of Class Meetings to see how CSC can help you:
- Build relationships among students
- Address problematic playground behaviors
- Set classroom norms, and more
Our Implementation Resources can help support SEL practices in your school or district:
- Listen to Oakland Unified School District leaders reflect on their experience with CSC
- View videos of CSC in action
- Download short, do-it-yourself professional development sessions
- Explore other helpful resources
Find Out More
View purchasing options including leader and classroom packages, read-aloud libraries that highlight the values children learn in the program, and other program components.