Digital Review Samples
Collaborative Literacy, aligned with TEKS and ELPS, is a rigorous, yearlong curriculum that addresses the core reading, writing, and speaking and listening skills that students need to thrive academically and socially.
Collaborative Classroom is pleased to provide digital review samples for Proclamation 2019. The “Pre-adoption Review Samples” are electronic samples of the Collaborative Literacy instructional materials for English language arts and reading for grades K–5. Each grade level file includes all of the print components (teachers manuals and student consumable materials) included in the program. For more information about Collaborative Literacy, visit our website.
Viewing the Sample Documents
- Click the link for the grade-level document you wish to review.
- It may take a few minutes for the document to load. You can view the file within your browser window or download the file (again, this may take a few minutes). If downloading the file, we recommend using Adobe Reader to view the documents.
Pre-adoption Review Samples
Collaborative Literacy: Texas Edition, Grade K
Collaborative Literacy: Texas Edition, Grade 1
Collaborative Literacy: Texas Edition, Grade 2
Collaborative Literacy: Texas Edition, Grade 3
Collaborative Literacy: Texas Edition, Grade 4
Collaborative Literacy: Texas Edition, Grade 5
Tips for Navigating the Review Samples
- Use the bookmarks and/or the search feature to browse the components or locate standards citations. If using Adobe Reader, the bookmarks are accessed by clicking the blue bookmark icon in the far left margin. If using a browser, look for a bookmark or outline icon in your viewer navigation.
- To review the components:
- Click on the arrow next to each module title (e.g., Making Meaning) to see all of the components included within that module.
- Click on the component title (e.g., Making Meaning TM) to navigate directly to that component.
- To see TEKS and ELPS coverage reviewed by TEA:
- Click on the arrow next to the TEKS and/or ELPS Correlations Links to reveal the list of standards.
- Click on the arrow next to each standard to reveal the list of breakouts associated with that standard.
- Click on individual breakout codes to navigate to the places within Collaborative Literacy where the standards are addressed.
Trade Book Previews
One key aspect of Collaborative Literacy that cannot be viewed in the pre-adoption review samples is the wide variety of children’s literature that is used throughout each module of Collaborative Literacy for read-alouds, shared reading, and small-group reading instruction. Titles of all of the texts used in each module can be reviewed in the Collaborative Literacy Trade Book Previews below (and can also be found in the Appendices of the Teacher’s Manuals).
Read-aloud Trade Books and Texts, Kindergarten
Read-aloud Trade Books and Texts, Grade 1
Read-aloud Trade Books and Texts, Grade 2
Read-aloud Trade Books and Texts, Grade 3
Read-aloud Trade Books and Texts, Grade 4
Read-aloud Trade Books and Texts, Grade 5
Small-group Reading Texts, Sets 1–12 (Grades K–2)
To get acquainted with the pedagogy and modules of Collaborative Literacy, you might review the following overview resources:
Collaborative Literacy also includes access to the Learning Portal, a web-based platform where teachers can can locate the digital resources that accompany each module. Click here to access the Learning Portal.
For more information, please contact:
Texas (ESCs 1–6, 13, 18–20)
Texas (ESCs 7–12, 14–17)
Visit us at one of the ESC Region Showcases or view a webinar to learn more about Collaborative Literacy, Texas Edition.